Are you interested in applying for a summer internship or submitting an application for an REU, but the application requires a resume? Are you worried that you don’t have anything impressive to list on your resume?
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to highlight your skillset (You all already have many marketable skills!)
- The appropriate content (and language style) that you should include in your resume
- How to leverage part-time jobs, extra-curricular activities, and classes taken to build a resume that stands out
- How to tailor your resume or CV to the job/opportunity you are applying for
- How to format your resume or CV
- Tips on what to include in a resume versus a cover letter
We’ll also share examples, answer questions, and provide feedback for students that bring their resume.
This webinar will be led by one of our PROGRESS team members, Dr. Manda Adams who is a program director at the National Science Foundation as well as a research faculty at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. We will host the same informational session at different two times on February 28, 2017 so that everyone will have an opportunity to participate. Please join us for either the 2pm EST/12pm MNT or the 6pm EST/4pm MNT session. Each session will last about 1 hour with plenty of opportunity for asking questions and getting feedback. All PROGRESS participants are invited.
Here’s how you can participate in the Webinar:
1) Join us remotely from your computer, tablet or smartphone via GotoWebinar. Just click this link to register.
- No limit for remote participants
- Login individually or in groups from anywhere with internet
- Contact Ilana for assistance
2) Join us in person in CHEM B 301 on CSU main campus in Fort Collins, CO.
- Local students are encouraged to join us in person
- Bring a copy of your resume to share and discuss
- Bring a bag lunch or snack to enjoy – We’ll provide beverages and dessert!
- Please RSVP by reply email by Monday, Feb 27th if you plan to attend in person