Fund Your Education
Learn how to find scholarships to fund your undergraduate STEM education and research experience.
Good news! Many programs will pay you to do undergraduate research or summer internships in the sciences (see Undergraduate Research Opportunities). For those opportunities that do not provide support and/or for those students who wish to propose and research their own ideas, a scholarship may be the way to go.
Below is a list of undergraduate scholarship opportunities that may be of interest. Be sure to read each listing carefully for eligibility, application guidelines, and submission deadlines. Some of the web links are duplicates, but we’ve broken them down into subcategories to get your started. Please note that the lists are not complete, nor are they necessarily up to date, but they can provide you with a good place to start and a great way to get some ideas. Check back often for updates.
For information about graduate funding opportunities, please see the Graduate Fellowships page.
Geoscience unions, societies, and scientific journals
National labs and federal agencies
Scholarships specifically for minorities and women
- National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME)
- Association for Women Geoscientists (AWG)
- Multicultural Environmental Leadership Development Initiative (MELDI)
- U.S. Department of Education, White House Initiative
- American Geological Institute Minority Geoscience Scholarship
- Scholarships for Women in Science